Nominations are officially open for the 2018 ECW Diocesan Board! These positions will take office at the 96th ECW Retreat/Convention on February 3, 2018, and they will serve for a period of two years.
Candidates can be self-nominated or nominated by others. Job descriptions for open positions are below. If you have any questions, or wish to nominate yourself or somebody else, please contact Whitney Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 803-576-0020.
Service is a two-year commitment that entails participation in quarterly board meetings (one of which is the board retreat), and attendance at our annual fall event and convention. Financial hardship should not be a consideration of service. We welcome women of all ages (above 18) and involvement levels! The nomination deadline is Friday, December 15, 2017.
Open positions for 2018-2020
- Serve on the Finance Committee and the Executive Committee; Chair the Nominating Committee.
- Spend the year learning the duties of the position.
- Assist the President or Treasurer as directed, including reviewing the monthly bank statements.
- This is a three-year commitment. After serving as President-Elect for a year, you will serve a two-year term as President.
BENA DIAL SCHOLARSHIP AND COLLEGE WORK
- Educate and inform ECW and churches about the Bena Dial Fund.
- Keep in touch with students who are Bena Dial recipients.
- Promote the financial support of the Bena Dial Fund throughout the Diocese.
- Distribute and coordinate the flow of applications for Bena Dial scholarships.
- Serve as Chairman of the Bena Dial Scholarship Award Committee. The five-member committee is made up of the President, Vice-presidents, Bena Dial chair, and two appointed members. The number and amount of Bena Dial Scholarships is set yearly by this committee.
- Encourage each Branch to keep in touch with college students from their church.
- Maintain contact with Parish Altar Guild Directors to assess their needs for assistance.
- Maintain a source of information on such things as disposal and recycling of linens, vestments, and other church accoutrements no longer used by a Parish, sources of supplies, etc.
- Promote workshops to share Altar Guild procedures.
- Send information to Parish Altar Guilds through the ECW meeting packets, direct correspondence, Diocesan publications, and the Diocesan Website to publicize what is offered.
- Promote an interest in the Annual meeting of Province IV Altar Guild Association, the Triennial meeting of the National Altar Guild and individual memberships in the National Altar Guild.
- Attend the Annual meeting of Province IV Altar Guild Association, and the Triennial meeting of the National Altar Guild, when held during her term of office.
- Encourage branches to donate $10.00 or more annual dues through the Diocesan ECW Treasurer.
- Acknowledge in writing all Branch gifts.
- Record in appropriate ledgers gifts from the Branches to the Diocesan pledge, Bena Dial Fund, Diocesan Seminarian Book Fund, the three annual mission projects, and the Altar Guild.
- Pay any invoices incurred by the Board and its members.
- On a quarterly basis, disperse funds accrued in the three annual mission projects.
- Deposit all checks and reconcile the bank statement monthly.
- Prepare a financial report outlining receipts and expenditures for the Diocesan Board. This should be done prior to every regularly scheduled meeting of the Diocesan ECW Board.
- Prepare an Annual Financial Report, a listing of individual Branch gifts, and a comprehensive listing of all gifts made by Branches for the Diocesan ECW Handbook. A short report on these is shared at the Annual Diocesan ECW Convention.
- With the Finance Committee, prepare a yearly budget and present it to the Annual Diocesan ECW Convention for adoption.
- Train the Treasurer-Elect.
- Chair the Finance Committee and serve on the Executive Committee.
- Provide all checkbooks and financial materials for year to Audit Committee by March 1.
- Serve as Altar Guild Treasurer.
VICE PRESIDENT FOR INFORMATION
- Be available to assist the President.
- With the President, be responsible for the preparation of the Annual Diocesan ECW Handbook.
- Become familiar with all the Branches in the Diocese and offer assistance where needed.
- Be responsible for updating information concerning the Clergy and ECW Presidents, Liaisons and Contacts in the Diocese, throughout the year.
- Keep the ECW Board informed of all new updates concerning ECW Branch officers, liaisons, contacts, and Clergy in the Diocese.
- Be responsible for maintaining and providing the Officers and Chairmen with the updated Directory listings as they request in the appropriate format.
- Be responsible, with the Diocesan Communications staff, for maintaining the information posted in the ECW web pages on the Diocesan website.
- Make sure that each Branch completes the Annual Report on time.
- Keep informed about Diocesan activities and communicate information to the ECW Branches.
- Coordinate attempts to establish or reactivate ECW Branches currently inactive.
- Keep the Diocesan ECW President and Board informed of activities within the Diocese.
- Make program suggestions for regional meetings to the Diocesan ECW Board and assist in securing speakers as directed.
- Serve on the Finance Committee and the Nominating Committee.
- Serve on the Executive Committee.
UNITED THANK OFFERING
- Serve as custodian for United Thank Offering funds. Serves as delegate to Triennial Convention when it is held during term of office.
- Provide all checkbooks and financial materials for the year to the Audit Committee by March 1.
- Keep records of number of participants and amount of offering for each church in the Diocese.
- Share educational materials, including the two UTO videos, with churches in the Diocese.
- Set dates for churches to transmit UTO funds to Chairman for transmittal to national UTO.
- Keep in touch with Branch UTO Chairmen to provide information on ordering supplies, dates for ingathering (Spring-Sunday nearest the Feast of the Annunciation and Fall-Sunday nearest the Feast of St. Michael and All Angels), and grant applications.
- Serve as Chairman of the Diocesan screening committee, receive UTO Grant Applications, screen and choose in committee those to be submitted to UTO.
We hope that you will prayerfully consider sharing your time and talent in this way.