Nominations are open for the 2017 ECW Diocesan Board! These positions will take office at the 95th ECW Convention on January 28, 2017, at Christ Church Greenville, and they will serve for a period of two years.
Candidates can be self-nominated or nominated by others. Job descriptions for open positions are below. If you have any questions, please contact Corliss Wise, President-elect and chair of the Nominating Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (803)256-8056.
Service is a two-year commitment that entails participation in quarterly board meetings (one of which is the board retreat), and attendance at our annual fall event and convention. Financial hardship should not be a consideration of service. We welcome women of all ages (above 18) and involvement levels! Nomination deadline is November 11, 2016.
Open positions for 2017-2019
- Serve on the Finance Committee and the Executive Committee; Chair the Nominating Committee
- Spend the year learning the duties of the position.
- Assist the President or Treasurer as directed, including reviewing the monthly bank statements.
- This is a three year commitment. After serving as treasurer-elect for a year, you will serve a two-year term as treasurer.
- Keep a record of proceedings of the Diocesan ECW Board and the Annual Diocesan ECW Convention.
- Write all letters as requested and attend to other necessary correspondence.
- Send a letter of welcome to any new Clergy in the Diocese.
VICE PRESIDENT FOR PROGRAM
- Be available to assist the President.
- Preside over meetings and conduct business as necessary in the absence of the President.
- Serve on the Bena Dial Board and the Nominating Committee.
- Encourage and assist with the formation of new ECW Branches in the Diocese and encourage other Branches needing assistance.
- Plan any retreats or special events for the Women of the Diocese when so directed by the ECW Board. This may include Quiet Days, speakers, or any other appropriate activity.
- In conjunction with the officiating clergy, plan worship service for the Diocesan ECW Board Retreat.
- Ensure that devotions and prayers are presented at the Diocesan ECW Board meetings.
- Contact Branch Worship Chairmen with suggestions for worship (Quiet Days, Corporate Communion, etc.) within individual Branches.
- Be familiar with program materials and resources, and bring them to the attention of the Church Women, Promote Christian
- Education on the Branch and Diocesan levels.
- Prepare prayer for our Mission Prayer Partners in conjunction with Chaplain.
- Serve on the Executive Committee.
CHURCH PERIODICAL CLUB AND DIOCESAN SEMINARIAN BOOK FUND
- Maintain updated list of Seminarians from this Diocese. Keep in touch with them, sending notes of encouragement, and asking Church Women to do the same. Send checks of financial support from the Diocesan ECW as given by the Branches for the Seminarian Book Fund.
- Educate Church Women on the ministry of the printed word through the Church Periodical Club and promote financial support of CPC.
- Attend the CPC Triennial meeting, if possible, when it is held during her term of office.
- Be responsible for the publication and distribution of the Diocesan ECW Newsletters. Request that all Branches and Diocesan ECW Board Members submit information on activities to be included in the Diocesan newsletter or posted on the Diocesan website.
- Provide information for bulletins, posters, radio, television, newspapers, bulletin boards, and announcements at meetings to promote interest, concern, and participation in Church activities.
- Submit of interest to Diocesan, Provincial and National publications and websites as requested by the Board and the President.
MISSION AND CHRISTIAN SOCIAL RELATIONS
- Prepare and present to the Diocesan ECW Board suggestions for World, National, and Diocesan Mission Projects. Together with the President, obtain approval from the Bishop, and present the recommended projects to the Annual Diocesan ECW Convention for adoption.
- Secure and prepare information about mission projects for Diocesan meetings and churches.
- Plan a Diocesan ECW Christian Social Relations project to involve contributions of service and/or goods